The 2014 Registration for the 33rd Wineglass Marathon 4th Half Marathon and Wineglass 5K is Now OPEN!
The 33rd Annual Wineglass Marathon, one of the more popular and fastest-growing marathons in the Northeast U.S., takes place in the Finger Lakes Region on Sunday, October 5th, 2014. Each year, we have more and more runners travel from all over the US, Canada and from around the world to America’s “Crystal City”. Runners come for a variety of reasons, it might be their 1st marathon and just looking to finish or marathon veterans adding to their list of races or completing one of their 50 states or runners looking for personal bests and/or qualifying times for races such as the Boston Marathon. Runners coming with groups or running clubs or on the recommendation of friends. The local area attractions and natural beauty are unmatched. Plus the typical great weather (for running) in the autumn season along with an unmatchable display of community spirit and support.
- First held in 1982; 2014 is the 33rd anniversary for the Wineglass Marathon and 4th year for the half marathon
- Wineglass Marathon awarded 16th best medal in 2010 out of 400 races by Marathon & Beyond magazine.
- Voted “Speediest” Marathon by readers of Runners World in January 2010.
- Voted “Best Schwag” by Runners world in 2009, paying tribute to the marathon’s coveted registration kits, which include a handmade glass medal, wine glass, champagne and a high-quality technical running shirt.
- Ranked 7th in highest percentage of qualifying runners for the Boston Marathon by marathonguide.com
- The 2010 top-finisher in the women’s category qualified for the 2012 Olympic trials, will compete in Houston early next year in an attempt to make the U.S. Olympic team
is rapidly growing!
- 250 total runners in 1982 at inaugural Wineglass Marathon
- Exponential growth in the last few years – nearly 500 in 2007, 600 in 2008 and 900 in 2009
- Number of runners doubled from 900 to 1,800 in 2010 – forcing the first registration close out
- Registration for last year's race closed on July 3rd, 2011 – 3 months before the race! This record field included more than 2,000 marathon runners and 1,000 half marathon runners