Registration for the Wineglass Marathon and Half Marathon will Open on December 1, 2012 for the 32nd Wineglass Marathon and 3rd Annual Wineglass Half Marathon on October 6, 2013!
The 32nd Annual Wineglass Marathon, one of the more popular and fastest-growing marathons in the Northeast U.S., takes place in the Finger Lakes Region on Sunday, October 6th, 2013. Each year, more and more runners travel from all over the US and Canada, and from around the world to America’s “Crystal City”. Runners come for a variety of reasons (which can include the 1st time marathoner just looking to finish, marathon veteran adding to their list of races completed or states in which they have run a marathon, runners looking for personal bests and/or qualifying times for races such as the Boston Marathon, and runners coming with groups or on the recommendation of friends), not least of which includes the local area attractions and natural beauty plus typically great weather (for running) in the autumn season along with an unmatchable display of community spirit and support.
- First held in 1982; 2013 is the 32nd anniversary for the Wineglass Marathon and third year for the half marathon
- Wineglass Marathon awarded 16th best medal in 2010 out of 400 races by Marathon & Beyond magazine.
- Voted “Speediest” Marathon by readers of Runners World in January 2010.
- Voted “Best Schwag” by Runners world in 2009, paying tribute to the marathon’s coveted registration kits, which include a handmade glass medal, wine glass, champagne and a high-quality technical running shirt.
- Ranked 7th in highest percentage of qualifying runners for the Boston Marathon by marathonguide.com
- The 2010 top-finisher in the women’s category qualified for the 2012 Olympic trials, will compete in Houston early next year in an attempt to make the U.S. Olympic team
is rapidly growing!
- 250 total runners in 1982 at inaugural Wineglass Marathon
- Exponential growth in the last few years – nearly 500 in 2007, 600 in 2008 and 900 in 2009
- Number of runners doubled from 900 to 1,800 in 2010 – forcing the first registration close out
- Registration for last year's race closed on July 3rd, 2011 – 3 months before the race! This record field included more than 2,000 marathon runners and 1,000 half marathon runners