With the 37th Annual Guthrie Wineglass Marathon approaching, event organizers and Corning Police are releasing the 2018 route map through the City of Corning's northside. Please note that certain roads will be CLOSED. Vehicular traffic AND parking in those areas will be prohibited for a portion of the day on Sunday, September 30. To avoid significant delays and maintain a safe course for runners, residents should plan-ahead for the road closures and parking restrictions.
The following roads in the City of Corning will be CLOSED from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm on Sunday, September 30.
- Buffalo Street (from Reynolds Avenue to Freeman Street in the Village of Riverside)
- Freeman Street (from Buffalo Street in the Village of Riverside to Townsend Avenue)
- Townsend Avenue (from Freeman Street to Onondaga Street)
- Onondaga Street (from Townsend Avenue to Cutler Avenue)
- Cutler Avenue (from Onondaga to West Pulteney Street)
- West William Street (from West Pulteney Street to Dunbar Street)
- Dunbar Street (from West William St to Hillvue Avenue)
- Hillvue Avenue (from Dunbar Street to Wallace Street)
- Wallace Street (from Hillview Ave to West William Street)
- West William Street (from Wallace Street to Bridge Street)
- Bridge Street (West William to Wegmans south entrance)
Residents who live along the affected areas are strongly encouraged to plan accordingly and park on alternate streets to avoid significant delays or having their vehicle towed. Event organizers understand that this is an inconvenience to some and thank you for your patience and understanding in helping maintain a safe course for the motoring public, runners, race officials and volunteers.
The Guthrie Wineglass Marathon will start at 8:15 am in Bath with 2,500 runners and the Wineglass Half Marathon will start at 7:45 am in Campbell for 3,600 runners.
For detailed information, please view this map. Again, there will be no vehicular traffic or parking allowed in the areas labeled "Runner's Route".
For additional information, please visit wineglassmarathon.com or email event organizers at email@example.com.